HTML/CSS and JS
We are excited to offer HTML & CSS web design workshops. These classes are primarily meant for students in grades 6 - 12. You will learn how to build websites using HTML & CSS. In this workshop, you will learn the basics of general computer programming, how to design websites, the logic behind coding and design, and how this logic can be applied to website creation. During the final session of this workshop, you will design a website from scratch and demo it in front of the class.
In this four week workshop, we will teach all the basic concepts of Python programming. Students are required to bring their own laptops for this workshop. We use online websites (like repl.it) for coding, so there is no need to download any software.
Template Based Web Design
We also offer template based web design workshops (one day workshops) once in a while. These workshops are great for building quick and elegant web sites without any HTML knowledge. We will soon have one workshop at the Alum Rock Branch library on June 10. Stay tuned for more information.
Our goal is to introduce students to the variety of technologies available when one is learning programming, so that they are inspired to either begin or continue learning how to code. Some of the topics we cover include web based technologies, Android and iPhone apps, general programming logic, and an introduction to making games.
- Introduce general programming and how it is being used in the real world
- Brief intro to programming in Java
- How Java is being used in the real world (games, software, etc)
- Introduction to mobile applications and programming in iOS
- Examples of amazing iOS/Android apps
- Introduction to web applications and programming on the web
- How web programming is being used in the real world (sites, apps, games, sofware, etc.)